Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meditations



"My mind is a garden.
My thoughts are the seeds.
My harvest will be either
flower or weeds.
- Mel Weldon

"Our thoughts create our feelings. When we truly understand the implications of this, we can experience tremendous freedom. No longer do we need to be victims of other people or of our past. We see that we can be responsible for our lives! We can choose to think thoughts that create happiness, love, and compassion rather than anger, fear, or bitterness.
"As we grow in our ability to be mindful of how we speak to ourselves, we discover whether we are being judges, critics, friends or cheerleaders. This takes practice, and it is important to remember that we are moving toward progress, not perfection. At first, the voice of our inner judge or critic might be the loudest we hear because it has been in charge for so many years. Once we get in touch with this tendency, we can choose to let that choice evaporate and replace it with words from our inner friend or cheerleader.
"It feels so good to practice speaking to myself with
love and compassion today. I no longer need
the judge and the critic in my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment