Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Weekend at a Glance

This holiday weekend went by so fast! It's true when they say time flies when you're having fun. My weekend at a glance is as follows:

1. Turkey dinner with my immediate family - including my newly relocated-close-to-home sister Candice, her hubby and their twin baby girls (so cute), and my boyfriend made an appearance this year - which was what I was most thankful for that evening. That, and of course my sister's homemade pumpkin pie.

2. Julie & Julia - I finally rented this baby and forced Danny to watch it with me (haha). I have to admit that I thought there was gonna be a lot more wow factor to this, but at the same time I liked it. I love trying new things, especially recipes, and could totally see me doing something like this during my first years of marriage and home cooking.
3. Johnson Valley - As a last minute decision, Danny and I found ourselves trekking down to Johnson Valley (somewhere close to Big Bear) for some dirt bike riding, quarter playing, freezing our butts off evening. Yep! The weather was not on our side, and therefore I spent most of the night shivering in the truck. The first thing I did when I got home was take a smoking hot shower to thaw out my limbs.
4. Laker game - Although we missed the huge blowout on Saturday night (Lakers kicking some major Goldenstate ass with a 33 point win), we did however enjoy Sunday night's game against the Nets. As you can see, they are kicking ass and taking names. I hope they continue playing this good... fingers crossed.
I hope you all had an amazing holiday weekend. Back to reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment