Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hump Day Fave: Food Network Shows

1. Diners, Drive-ins & Dives with Guy FieriI love watching this show and seeing all the great little places around the country. It always makes me wonder if there are any amazing places in my own or nearby communities I haven't tried yet that would be utterly delicious.

2. Iron Chef America Watching these amazing Iron Chefs battle it out with their secret ingredients is so entertaining. I love watching all of the different techniques, ingredients, plating - everything! It's so fun to see all the courses cook up in such a short period of time.

3. Throwdown! with Bobby FlayHere's a show that I enjoy watching, mostly because I always want Bobby's opponent to win. Not that I don't like Bobby Flay - I do, but who doesn't want to see a humble chef, who's just trying to make it with their own restaurants and famous plates beat out a famous chef like Flay?

4. Chopped This is like a mini-Iron Chef with everyday people. I'm always anticipating the ingredients their about to pull out of their baskets and immediately have to throw together a dish incorporating all of those flavors. Each round, someone is chopped - and the last chef standing wins! Love it.

5. The Best Thing I Ever Ate Here's one I don't watch very often - but when I do I'm stuck on it. Hearing professional chefs talk about the best things they ever ate is so intriguing. Most would assume a chef would think they cook the best things, so it's nice to hear about what they consider to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment