Monday, January 25, 2010

Meditation



The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning to work on becoming yourself.
- Anna Quindlen

"We often judge ourselves for not being perfect. Perhaps we've lost our temper or missed an appointment. Maybe we have forgotten a friend's birthday or have overeaten when we have committed to a diet. We can be angry at someone's anger or judge someone who is judgemental. Any one of these things, or the thousands of other things that can go wrong in a day, can lead us to beat ourselves up, call ourselves names, go into self-pity or even a depression.
"We are simply imperfect human beings striving to be better. Our intention is what counts. Our intention is to improve, to be better, more loving, generous, and compassionate people. We are okay even when we overreact, make a mistake, or get angry. To find peace in our hearts, we must take a step back and treat ourselves with the same love and compassion we try to show others.
"There is no room in our hearts for judgements!
"Today I am going out of my way to accept that I am human. I accept myself regardless of what I do, think, or say. I accept myself completely and this brings me peace."
{Peace in our Hearts, Peace in the World pg. 42}

No comments:

Post a Comment