Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hump Day Fave: Lakers

I am a Laker fan - now let me break down my definition of my fan status: basketball is the only sport I enjoy watching, and the only team I legitimately route for is the Lakers.  I know the players names.  I'm familiar with their history and want to watch their games.  However, I am in no way shape or form a die-hard Laker fan, or a basketball fan, like my man is.  He will watch almost every single basketball game airing if he could - Lakers or not - I on the other hand do not care unless its the Lakers.  He will do nearly anything to not have to miss a Laker game, and for me if there's something else going on that I'd rather be at - then just knowing the final score is enough for me.  Make sense?
So again I say, I am a Laker fan.  And here are my favorite Lakers (in order of preference):


1. Lamar Odom
Not only is he a QT, he is a really good player.  Some might disagree at times, because he's the quiet player that doesn't have consistent big numbers across the board - but he is effective and does pull through when his team needs him.  I like him because he doesn't have to be the star.  He plays the game, and he plays it well.  He's a team player all the way and from what I've seen, it seems as though he focuses more on highlighting their best attributes with assists and rebounds rather than worrying about his own points per game.
Side note, while at first I was very anti-Mr. & Mrs. Lamar Odom-Kardashian, after watching them together on Khloe's show, they are sweet together and I wish them the best. 


2. Pau Gasol
While I definitely feel this boy needs a hair cut pronto! and he plays a little too soft sometimes - he is hands down an insanely talented player.  He's humble and recognizes when his team - and himself - needs to improve on certain areas of the game.  You can tell he wants to be a great player and cares about his personal contribution to the team  not his stats.
And again, he needs to, needs to get a hair cut.  That shaggy mess is not workin on, or off the court.  Where's the team barber at??


3. Derek Fisher
An oldie but a goodie for sure!  Of course he's cute, and notorious for being the clutch player given his numerous last second shots that have won many many games.  I like him because although he's the oldest player on the team, he's clearly in extremely good shape and can still play with the youngest basketball breeds. 
He's like the wise pop of the team, who doesn't love that?



4. Shannon Brown
This one is a new favorite of mine.  And to be honest, I haven't quite made my mind up about him, but he still makes the list.  I like him because he came out on the team full of energy and ready to prove himself - which he has.  However, I think now that he's received some recognition for his talents, I've noticed he's beginning to play cocky at times.  Don't do that Shannon!! 
Plus, I was pretty disappointed to find that he did not represent LA very well in the dunking contest this year.  All I have to say is, what were you thinking?!  I hope he gets another chance and any nerves dissipate so he can really show off his talents.




{images via}

No comments:

Post a Comment