Monday, February 8, 2010

Meditation



The game of life is the game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds, and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.
- Florence Scovel Schinn

"I often walk in my neighborhood and there are many others who walk as well. It's a friendly community, and most people wave or say, 'Nice day' or 'Good morning' as they pass. Frequently I add a compliment, like 'Nice outfit' or 'Beautiful jacket' or 'You look really good today!'
"The person's face lights up and so does my heart!
"We have the power to influence how another person feels, and that is a big responsibility! A thoughtless word or words said in anger can ruin a person's day. Giving vent to feelings of anger or resentment might help us feel better for the moment, but these feelings actually hurt us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. What we give to others we get back.
"Notice how you feel when you give someone a compliment versus how you feel when you snap words that are hurtful. Then ask yourself how you would like to feel, and act accordingly.
"Today I am looking for ways to make others smile and this makes my own heart smile."

No comments:

Post a Comment