Chicken Lime Tortilla Soup
This is at the top of my to-make list! Pictures soon to come...
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green and red bell peppers
- 1 tsp chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 avocado per each bowl (diced small)
- 1 cup mixed Mexican cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla strips for garnish
Combine chicken stock, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice with the jalapeno and cilantro into a pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
While simmering, grill the chicken until cooked all of the way through. Let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into small cubes or strips.
Strain the soup and add the green onion, chilies, bell peppers, rice, corn and garlic and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
Garnish each plate with desired amounts of crushed tortilla strips, diced avocado, cilantro and shredded cheese.