Monday, March 22, 2010

Meditation

Life is what is happening when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

"I used to wake up in the morning and, before even getting out of bed, think about all the things I had to do that day.  I was already tired without even moving my body.  Before I learned a better way, I would go over and over my "to do" list, and then I would work on my budgets.  First I would think over the personal budget and all the bills that had to be paid, trying to figure out where the money would come from.  Then the mental work for my company budget would begin.  In no time, I would become filled with hopelessness because my "to do" list had grown even more overwhelming.
"Thank goodness for prayer and meditation!  For many years they have replaced those first morning thoughts.  I no longer dread beginning my day.
"Today I am willing to let go of my "to do" list and begin my days connecting with God.  I begin each day with thoughts of peace and love."

No comments:

Post a Comment