Monday, March 29, 2010

Meditation

And yet not choice but habit rules the unreflecting herd.

- William Wordsworth

"There is a story about a  woman who always cut the ends off each roast before placing it in a pan.  One day her daughter asked why she did so, and she responded that she didn't really know; it was something her mother had always done.  She asked her own mother why she had always cut the ends off a roast prior to placing it in the pan.  Her mother answered it was something she'd always watched her mother do.  Finally the woman asked her grandmother.  'Oh, that,' replied the elderly woman.  'My roast pan was small.  I always had to cut the ends off to make it fit!'
"When you think about the things you do over and over again, you may want to reconsider why you do them.  Perhaps you saw it done that way in your family.  Perhaps it's just a habit.  Perhaps it's time to change!
"Today I am taking a fresh look at everything I do on autopilot.  I am opening myself to the freedom of finding new ways to live my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment