Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homophones, Learn Them:

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am crazy about the English language.  However, it seems that not everyone else shares that same passion.  Now I understand, we all make mistakes and typos, but when it comes to homophones... that's where I get a little crazy.  I would like reiterate that I understand one-off mistakes - even I made a mistake today dessert vs. desert, and I about died when my home-girl Shans kindly pointed it out (thank-you).  BUT these examples, are where I want to scream:
WHERE IS YOUR 3RD GRADE TEACHER SO I CAN ASK WHY SHE SKIPPED THESE LESSONS? 
I have resolved that since she isn't here to help, I need to step in. 

Class is now in session:

Want to see more?  Yes, there are more.  Check out a nice long list here to make sure you too aren't committing homophone sins. 

Remember, spell check doesn't catch everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment