Monday, June 14, 2010

Meditation

In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.

- Albert Clarke

"Often we think we will be happy when we get this or that: the new job, the new home, the someone special.  And we are... for a while.  But then we are ready for something else, and something else and something else.
"There have been times when I have felt hopeless and depressed and deprived.  However, when I have had the ability, the vision, and the willingness to focus on something I do have and for which I feel gratitude, my energy-draining emotions melt and I feel joy in my heart.  My spirit lifts and the feelings of hopelessness, depression, or deprivation melt away.

"Today I am focusing on at least one thing for which I am grateful.  It is amazing how much peace this brings me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment