Monday, August 9, 2010

Goal #74: Collect 50 postcards for every state (10/50)

Check out the new map! 10 down, 40 to go! AND you'll notice two things,
1. States that I've received more than one card from have been stared!
2. We have a BONUS island!!

Now, presenting to you my postcard line-up in order of receipt:

1. State: Colorado  |  Sender: The Worthingtons
Madalyn's sister traveled on over to Colorado to play some serious softball and was nice enough to grab me a postcard - the Worthingtons are officially a sweeet family!
2. State: Illinois  |  Sender: Madalyn
During her Bahamas trip, she had quite a few airport stops from sunny California all the way to super-sunny Florida.  While stopped in Chicago, IL, Madalyn grabbed a sparkly postcard to represent her 35 minutes in the airport while sipping on some dearly-loved Starbucks.
3. State: Florida  |  Sender: Madalyn
Another fabulously sparkly postcard from Madalyn for South Beach, Florida.  I have no doubt that South Beach and Madalyn would get along fabulously...
4. State: Oregon  |  Sender: Aunt Kathleen
My Aunt Kathleen lives in Oregon, and made a trip to Portland to grab this sweet card for me. Thanks!
4. State: Florida  |  Sender: Lauren
Lauren made her way on a Caribbean cruise (lucky duck!) and made a stop at Fort Lauderdale Beach, FL where she (lucky again) saw a live starfish!  How sweet is that?
5. State: Oregon  |  Sender: Danielle
Back in the day, my dad lived in Sisters, OR and my sister Alex and I got to enjoy our summers in Sisters with our sister Danielle.  Confused yet?  Well, it's been a while since we've been there, but my sister made a trip out there last month with baby London and decided to help her sister to 50!  Love it!  If you've never been, you need to go, it's absolutely beautiful there.
6. Bonus Island: Bahamas  |  Sender: Madalyn
Last but not least (although it did take forever to get this bad boy) my bonus card from the sweet Bahamas.  Not only does it feature a Bahama-mama, which I am dying to sample, but there was also a song and dance included without charge, If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain... I do!
Thank you to all of my friends and family for thinking of me on their vacations.

For anyone else out there, I ask again to all of you if you would love to help me to 50! Send on down a fun postcard from your hometown or your holiday vacations! I'd love! love! love! to hear from you.
And as you can see, don't hesitate just because I've already got your state! There are a ton of fun cities, and I'd love to hear about your hometown or fun vacation.  Speaking of hometown's, here's a shout out to my NY chica who I have been dieing to hear from, Soak in New Yoak, where are you?

State Recap:
CA
CO
FL*
HI
IL
MD
NV
NY
OR*
WI

Bonus:
Bahamas

Find my mailing address here: Day Zero Project down at the bottom of the page... Can't wait to receive the next batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment