Monday, August 23, 2010

Meditation

The miracle comes quietly into the mind that stops an instant and is still.

- A Course in Miracles

"There was a time when I thought I was the only one in the world with thoughts that  went on and on.  It was not until I learned to quiet my mind with meditation that I discovered it was normal for human beings to have racing minds.  This racing mind has been called a 'monkey mind' in which our thoughts are like monkeys endlessly jumping from branch to branch.
"However, we can train our thoughts and tame our monkey minds.  We begin simply by sitting quietly, becoming aware of our breath as it goes in and goes out.  Watching our thoughts as they come in and go out and then returning to our breathing, we will be amazed at how quickly we will begin to feel peaceful and how quickly our world will change for the better.

"Today I feel the miracle of peace as I take time to sit quietly and meditate.  It feels so good to be in this stillness."

No comments:

Post a Comment