Monday, January 17, 2011

Pre-Order?

You can bet I'm kicking myself for not finding out about this tempting pre-order opp before I used my B&N Christmas gift cards!
I've read pretty much all her books... yes, all but one.  And I about die every time she mentions some outrageous lies that she tells her friends, family and other people who fall prey to her string of lies.  So you can bet I'm absolutely excited to read all about the stories of total foolishness so I can laugh hysterically all over again...
"My tendency to make up stories and lie compulsively for the sake of my own amusement takes up a good portion of my day and provides me with a peace of mind not easily attainable in this economic climate."--Chelsea Handler, from Chapter 10 of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

It's no lie: Chelsea Handler loves to smoke out "dumbassness," the condition people suffer from that allows them to fall prey to her brand of complete and utter nonsense. Friends, family, co-workers--they've all been tricked by Chelsea into believing stories of total foolishness and into behaving like total fools. Luckily, they've lived to tell the tales and, for the very first time, write about them.
May 2011, here we come!

2 comments: