Friday, March 11, 2011

Goal #5: Find out my blood type

I finally found out my blood type! Yayyy!

It was quite interesting when I had my blood work done and my Dr was asking me, so is there any other tests you would like us to run?  And I said, Ummm, yes.  I would like my my blood typed please. *Which! If you didn't know, labs can't just run tests on your blood and automatically know what type you are... You have to ask them specifically to run that test. FYI!* So now I know, ya know...

What does this mean now? Blood group A individuals have the A antigen on the surface of their RBCs, and blood serum containing IgM antibodies against the B antigen. Therefore, a group A individual can receive blood only from individuals of groups A or O (with A being preferable), and can donate blood to individuals with type A or AB.  In layman's terms, this kind of sucks right? I still don't know for sure, but this chart helps:

If you know your blood type, check out the chart to see where you're at when it comes to being a recipient or a donor.  I find it ironic that me being a donor, can only help two blood types! Now I have any even more legit excuse not to give blood - ya know, besides the fact that I'm a complete wimp and go on the verge of passing out every. single. time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Can you tell me what font you used for title A+ ? Or, if you did not use any, please tell me where I can find that images to download?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a good question! I dont remember the specific font I used, but you are free to use the image... It's mine and sharing is what I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you very much, I tried 30 fonts but I cannot find this one, it is so beautifull.... :)and I need it for same reason lik you, for blood type...

    ReplyDelete