Thursday, October 13, 2011
Mix it Up: Pumpkin Bars
This isn't just any pumpkin recipe by the way, it's a creative (healthier) alternative to pumpkin pie! Hey Taryn! Each bar clocks in at approximately 50 calories, so you have the second one guilt-free my dear! *wink-wink*
I love pumpkin pie, so I'm really looking forward to trying this one out!
Snagged from Chocolate-Covered Katie via Shape.com
- 1/2 c. spelt flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin (or cooked, pureed pumpkin)
- 2 tbsp. nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients, then add in wet ingredients.
- Spread mixture into an oiled 8x8 pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cream cheese frosting optional.