Friday, December 30, 2011

DZP Resolutions: 7 Things X 2012


Day Zero Project has a new approach for your 2012 resolutions, 7 Things X 2012. They give you seven prompts to get you thinking, the next step is to define your goals and write them down.


Here are my seven ambitions for 2012:
  1. Learn how to keep a plant alive
  2. Start saving
  3. Stop drinking
  4. Take a vacation to the snow
  5. Find a happy-medium
  6. Try paddle boarding
  7. Be more proactive
The fact that I have a brown thumb instead of a green thumb is really starting to annoy me. I want to try and get greener - if that's possible...........................Then I want to start saving because I've never been good at it. I always live in the present and although I want to keep it that way, I want to start becoming more aware of what the future may bring...............Which may be a little easier by not drinking as much. I don't plan to go without, maybe a glass of wine or champagne, try a few new beers to help my DZP goal, but no more excess................. And for once and for all I'd like to go to the damn snow. 2012 better bring me some snow time!................. All of this is in line with my search for a happy-medium in my day-to-day life. Finding a balance is important spiritually, financially and emotionally.. and its something I really need in my life right now..............................That balance of course will help me with my paddle boarding. I know I won't be able to make it apart of my routine, but I'd like to try it out a few times this 2012........... So cheers to a proactive attitude, inside and out. I'm very proactive when it comes to certain things, but I want that to permeate throughout my friendships - just because you haven't called me, doesn't mean I can't call you...... my family - I want to be more in-tuned with their lives and create better memories...... spiritually - I need to find a higher mind to be at peace...... myself - I need to take more time for myself and do things for me...... I truly believe if I constantly remind myself of these ambitions every day, 2012 will be a fruitful year for me.

I encourage you to try this approach to your 2012 resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment