Friday, August 21, 2009

Unique Gift Idea

I love hand-made gifts. I do them quite often, not even 2 weeks ago in fact! For my bf's birthday, I put together a booklet of gift cards with cute sayings and pictures. I know gift cards are usually the gift you give when you don't know anything else to give, but this had a lot more thought - if I do say so myself. And I bought it all (except for the DVD and cards) at Ralphs:

* Gas card for his gas-guzzler
* Subway for when he's on the road
* Restaurant cards for a date night, out
* along with a Visa card for movies, bowling, etc.
* DVD and a pizza card for a date night, in
* everyday vouchers like car wash, home-made lunch, etc.
* and of course your usual romance vouchers to add some spice!

I came across this blog post about the same idea, home-made gifts for your man, on Paper Tastebuds... and I had to share it:

"I thought of all the little to-do’s, house annoyances, tasks and errands that pile up and nag him every time they come to mind. I decided to make a list of all those things — and do them.
Thereby giving him: Peace Of Mind."
It's basically a box full of cards written with some amazing calligraphy, stating all these little to-do's she completed/will complete for her husband to make things easier - and therefore, giving him a piece of mind. I love it.
Check out her post to see all the pictures of her cute ideas, unique drawings and breath taking calligraphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment