Salpicao Salad (fancy chicken salad)
Courtesy of Bobby Flay
Yields 4 - 6 servings
I have no pictures to accompany this recipe, because I have yet to try it out. However, I saw Bobby Flays' Brazilian Grilling episode on Food Network and this recipe sounded so yummy I had to share.
- 3 (8-ounce) boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick rings
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 cups good quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Spanish paprika
- 1 bag high-quality vegetable chip sticks (recommended: Terra Sticks)
Heat grill to high.
Brush chicken and onions on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and just cooked through. Remove to a plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
Grill onions for 3 - 4 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
Place the chicken and onion rings in a large bowl and add the carrots, parsley, and scallions.
Place the mayonnaise, broth, vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken and gently toss to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a platter, top with vegetable chip sticks, and serve.