Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mix it Up: Crispy Cheddar Chicken / Goal #34: Try 12 new dinner recipes (5/12)

{finally remembered to take a picture!}

One day as I was getting ready to leave work, I couldn't think of what to do with the chicken I had waiting for me at home. Then I realized, I've been pinning recipes on Pinterest for how long now, and I still haven't put any of them into practice! So straght to my feed.me board I went and came up with this yummy recipe. You should definitley try it! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Adapted from Jamie Cooks it Up, thanks to Pinterest

Ingredients:
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Dried parsley

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2 ways to start! Cut each chicken into 3 large chunks OR Leave your breasts whole, I've done it both ways.
- Grind up Ritz crackers
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans
- Toss the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir to combine
- Dip each chicken into the milk...
- Then the cheese, pressing the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Some will fall off when you add it to the cracker crumbs, but it's ok.
- Then press chicken into cracker crumbs.
- Then place into a spray coated 9x13 pan
- Sprinkle dried parsley over the chicken
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove the tin foil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve, with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment