Friday, October 23, 2009

Meditation

"Solitude - walking alone, doing things alone - is the most blessed thing in the world. The mind relaxes and the thoughts begin to flow and I think I am beginning to find myself a little bit."
- Helen Hayes


"It is good to take time each day to get away from the turmoil of our daily routines and rest in solitude. It helps us to renew, to connect with our inner resources, and to find serenity. Solitude can be a time for inner reflection, a time to become centered and to find our connection with God. Solitude can lift our spirits in times of need. We can discover where we belong in the universe and find our own true purpose. In solitude we can reach a place deep inside ourselves where we can find peace.
"In quiet times we can listen to what is real in our hearts and become more and more familiar with ourselves. We can truly come to know ourselves, all of ourselves, for the beautiful people that we are.
"Today I am taking time alone to find inner peace, to get to know myself better, and to see that I am becoming the beautiful person God intended me to be"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ruth,

    Thank you for sharing your understanding about the value of solitude. I also treasure the opportunities for quite meditation each day. Within ourselves there is a source of wisdom, which is available as we open to the call of our inner voice in receptive silence. Genuine reflection and self-examination enhance our ability to be poised in the face of new or challenging experience because we have ordered ourselves in the light of all potential experience. I appreciate your comments.

    In the Light of Peace and Oneness,


    Mayte Picco-Kline
    Author of Wholeness in Living
    www.WholenessInLiving.net

    ReplyDelete