Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reflection

It is funny how...
Things happen the way they do.
When they do.
In the order that they do.

Everyday life events affect us in specific ways.
Some are good.
Some are bad.
Some are fantastic.
And some are horrific.

Some events have no effect on us at all.
In fact, we don't even realize they've happened.
Some surprise us in just how much they influence us. 
Others surprise us when we have no reaction at all.

Life is not a game.
Not ours, nor others.
They should not be toyed with.
Messed with.
Taken for granted.

The people in our lives are here for a reason.
They can bring out the best in us.
They can bring out the worst in us.
They can make us better, and sometimes worse.

At some point we need to recognize the type of energy in our lives.
We need to recognize what we put in.
We need to recognize what we put out.
We need to surround us with positive energy so we can give it to others.

I continue to pray for serenity.
To accept the things I cannot change.
To have the courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.

To have patience for the things that take time.
To show appreciation for all that I have.
And to be tolerant for those with different struggles.

To have the freedom to live beyond the limitations of my past.
To have the ability to feel God's love for me and the love I have for others.
And the strength to get up and try again even when I feel it is hopeless.

I pray this prayer for myself.
I pray this prayer for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment